Introducing the SEA-Snap family of unique and practical marine ‘quick connectors’.
Use your SEA-Snap in any connection situation where it might fit (while respecting the working load limit). There are 4 standard sizes available, typically for use in the marine environment.
Every SEA-Snap, regardless of size, is designed using high-strength 17-4 stainless steel components for load bearing members, corrosion-resistant rivets for assembly, and tough, plastic outer shells for comfort, durability and ease of handling.
The SEA-Snap 800 is the workhorse of the family, this unit covers many of the typical loads in a marine environment.
Examples of use include:
- FRC and work-boat tethers and connections,
- lifting package tether and control lines,
- AUV and submersible handling,
- running back-stay,
- boom vang,
- spinnaker guy or similar attachments on sailboats,
- larger dinghy lifting and securing bridles, and
- any other use where a rapid and secure connection in a marine environment is required, up to 800 kg.
Comes with a secondary locking pin for ensuring the connection is secure in an especially dynamic environment.
SEA-Snap is easier to use than conventional carabiners, snap-hooks and shackles, operation is simple, your load is secure.
- Snap fit, instant-grab connection
- One handed, gloved hand disconnection
- Integrated locking pin, keeps connection secure
Designed with a 4:1 safety factor, SEA-Snap instantly takes hold and will not release under load. For highly dynamic or long-term connections SEA-Snap has an integrated locking pin to ensure accidental disconnection does not occur. Disconnection is a simple one-handed operation, making SEA-Snap an obvious choice for diver and back-deck operations.
Suggested accessories (not included):
- Petersen Bow Shackle P/N PHB008TB